Today, 1.28.2013, according to the Death Note anime timeline, takes place the following events:
- Near releases Misa Amane and sends her to the Imperial Hotel.
- In an abandoned warehouse, Light Yagami and the KIRA Investigation Team come face-to-face with Near and the SPK.
- Teru Mikami, also at the warehouse, writes down in the (fake) Death Note the names of all those present, excluding himself and Light Yagami.
- The persons whose names have been written down do not die and Teru Mikami is seized by the SPK members.
- Faced with overwhelming evidence, Light Yagami admits that he is KIRA.
- Teru Mikami commits suicide.
- Light Yagami is killed by the power of Ryuk’s Death Note.
- Ryuk returns to the Shinigami Realm.